Monday, November 16, 2015

Folding Dollhouse Made From SECRET INGREDIENT!


Well, it's really not a secret! I made this folding dollhouse from empty cereal boxes that were headed to the recycling bin. I finally found a use for a couple of them. And I love the way my dollhouse dollhouse turned out. I used a shoe box to make a case to store the dollhouse.

The house is only 3" x 3" and I would never have imagined that something so small could cause so much trouble. I tried to follow a couple of cool, but confusing "how to" on these kinds of houses, but decided to wing it in the end.

I made all of the furniture and accessories from cereal boxes as well. It took a while to complete this - almost a month because I kept stopping. I think I would do it again. I showed it to my sister to get some feedback and praise and while she loved the tiny house, she made me laugh out loud when she said, "You should have hired me as a consultant. I would have told you not to put the stove and fridge next to each other. I hate when kitchens are like that." Sisters - I tell ya. The next house I make I'll keep that in mind.

Anyway - hope you enjoy the house. I don't think I'll ever be able to do a tutorial on this because I just made up construction and design as I went along. I looks pretty home made, but I was just doing it for fun anyway and it turned out WAY better than I thought it would so I am pretty happy about it. If you make folding houses - lemme know - I'd love to see a home tour!

ppodd

No comments:

Post a Comment